Library How To
How to use the library catalog
The library catalog allows you to locate our books, DVDs, periodicals, and more. This is also where you can access your library account to renew or reserve items.
Searching the catalog is easy! Just type what you are looking for in the Search box and hit enter. Check to see if the library has it (displays “Held by Laguna College of Art & Design”), then note the status of availability, followed by the shelving location and call number. Search the catalog
How to understand a call number
Click HERE to learn more about the Library of Congress classification system.
How To Get Started With Lynda/Linkedin Learning
If your email isn’t recognized, contact library staff, otherwise proceed to login with your LCAD email and LinkedIn Learning password.
How to cite a source
- Citation and Caption Examples
- The Purdue OWL MLA Guide
- EasyBib: Free Bibliography Maker
How to check out books, DVDs, skulls, etc.
If you are registered with the library, you can use your student ID to check out library items. If you have not registered with the library, please come in and fill out a form to become a library patron.
How to learn more about copyright
- U.S. Copyright Office http://copyright.gov/
- Copyright Clearance Center – Get the Facts http://www.copyright.com/
- Copyright and Fair Use (Stanford University Libraries) http://fairuse.stanford.edu/
- California Lawyers for the Arts http://www.